Landscape Waste Removal and Burning
REMINDER: KEEP GRASS CLIPPINGS IN THE YARD….. NOT IN THE STREET
Per Illinois law, it is illegal to deposit grass clippings onto any public roadway as it may cause injury to motorists or become a traffic hazard. If you see grass clippings on the roadway, please contact the Peoria County Sheriff’s Office at 309-672-6011.
LANDSCAPE WASTE & STORM DAMAGE REMOVAL:
LANDSCAPE WASTE: grass or shrubbery cuttings, leaves, tree branches, and other materials accumulated as the result of the care of the lawn, yard, shrubbery, vines and trees.
The 2022 landscape waste pick up schedule is every Tuesday (unless weather prohibits or holidays), March 22 thru November 1.
For Princeville Public Works to pick up your landscape waste,
- Residents must purchase landscape waste stickers at Village Hall.
- There is a $2.00 fee per sticker. Fees are payable by cash, check, debit/credit to the Village of Princeville. You then place your sticker on the bag, container or bundle you want Public Works to pick up.
- Call Village Hall, 309-385-4765, to request a landscape waste pickup. Public Works will do pickups on Tuesdays.
- Landscape waste must be contained in a bag, tied in a bundle or within a container such as a garbage can. Containers will be emptied by Public Works. Landscape waste not contained in a bag, bundle or container will not be picked up. A landscape waste sticker must be attached to each bag, bundle or container.
- DO NOT put landscape waste in your village garbage or recycle totes.
STORM DAMAGE: tree limbs/branches no bigger than 10″ in diameter and no longer than 6ft.
For Princeville Public Works to pick up your storm damage,
- You must call Village Hall, 309-385-4765, to request a storm damage pickup. Public Works will do storm damage pick up as needed. The Superintendent of Public Works will deem, when conditions have occurred, that there is storm damage.
- Limbs & branches must be placed at the curb.
- NO trash or general landscape waste (lawn waste &/or bags of leaves) will be accepted.
The Village of Princeville does not have a public dump site. The site which the Village owns, is designated only for brush and landscape waste. This site is regulated by the E.P.A. and Village employees are the ONLY PEOPLE allowed to dump and burn landscape waste at this site. Public dumping is not allowed. If you have any questions about this, please contact Superintendent of Public Works, Chad Gardner or call Village Hall.
BURNING LANDSCAPE WASTE WITHIN THE VILLAGE LIMITS:
- Landscape waste may be burned from sunrise until 5pm on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturdays and Sundays, except that such burning is prohibited at all times on Halloween.
- All Fires must be completely extinguished by 5pm.
- Open burning of landscape waste is permissible only for landscape waste which is dry, and which was generated on the premises where the fire is located.
- A fire must be attended at all times by a competent person over the age of 16. A water supply adequate for extinguishing the fire always must be present.
- Open burning is prohibited on all public streets, rights of way, and sidewalks; and further is prohibited at any location sufficiently close to any building or structure that the fire would place the building or structure at risk.
- Bonfires. It is unlawful to build or light any bonfire so close to any building or other structure as to endanger such building or structure, or on any public street, rights of way, or sidewalk. ONLY dry wood, and no garbage or other refuse, may be burned in a bonfire.